GASOLINE ALLEY ANTIQUES
Antique Toys & Collectible
follow us on Facebook
MASTERCARD, VISA, NOVUS DISCOVER
we no longer accept AMEX
we are having major issues with our web server.
if you wish to place a credit card order
please telephone 206-524-1606
or orders can be sent by
there is usually someone here from noon until 7PM Pacific time daily.
if you get our voice mail PLEASE leave all the pertinent information and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
it is NOT safe to send credit card information via email.
Please include your
name; address; phone number; email; credit card number; expiration date; and 3
digit code on the backside of the card.
please include the billing address that the credit card people have on file for you - if it is different than the ship to address.
If you wish to use PAYPAL - let us know all the information above and make sure you include zip code or country if outside of U.S. so that we can send the correct shipping amount on the invoice.
Please tell us WHERE you are located when you eMail, as SHIPPING rates vary, depending where you live. We are located in the far Northwest corner of the U.S. - Seattle, Washington
ATTENTION. the Post Office are raising their fees AGAIN on January 27, 2013
We ship with the United States Postal Service USPS and on rare occasion with FedEx. the new Postal Rates take into consideration not only the weight of the package, but the physical size. in many cases, it is almost prohibitive to ship via Priority Mail, forcing us to use the slower Parcel Post. please read below for more information.
(orders shipped within the United States)
- are shipped with Delivery Confirmation
- orders under 1 cubic foot (12" by 12" by 12") and up to 3 pounds are shipped Priority Mail
- orders larger than 1 cubic foot or over 3 pounds are shipped Parcel Post. takes about 7 days for delivery but costs a LOT less. if you want, we will ship via Priority Mail, but the new postal rates make it cost prohibitive in most cases. they charge by "dimensional weight" and it can more than DOUBLE the cost of shipping
- minimum shipping charge is $8.00 (insurance extra) ($6.00 for smaller items - read below)
- all orders that are over $250 will be shipped SIGNATURE REQUIRED
- REMEMBER we are located on the West Coast (Seattle Washington)
- insurance is required on Paypal and/or credit card orders that are fragile or over $50 in value
- insurance optional but recommended on orders under $50 - no insurance means NO protection, shipped at buyer's risk!
- smaller lightweight items that do not require special packaging or care (postcard, pinback button, card) are shipped FIRST CLASS (Minimum shipping & handling is $6.00)
- books, records, recordings, VCR, movies: IF REQUESTED can be shipped via Media Mail or Book Rate - cheaper but a bit slower (sorry: catalogs, magazines, programs or any other printed matter that has advertising in it - does NOT qualify for Media Mail)
- REMEMBER: shipping cost is based on weight, size, value, and destination.
U.S. ORDERS ONLY. If you need to receive this item IN A RUSH - be advised that it would be BEST to use U.S. Postal EXPRESS MAIL (usually overnight). Prices START at abut $24.00 (for anything that can fit into a flat rate envelope and go up (1 pound box is $33.00). Final shipping cost will depend on the weight and value. Authorize me how high you wish to spend on the shipping - if cost is over that, we will ship regular method. Remember, Priority Mail takes 2 to 5 days, depending where you are located. However, there are no guarantees! Please let me know in the comments section!
- items shipped Priority Air Mail
- all shipments that are fragile or over $100 in value are shipped insured Priority Air Mail
- items that are not fragile, or are small and lightweight with a value less than $100, can be sent First Class Air Mail with no insurance or online tracking at buyer's risk - no insurance means NO protection! so if you do not want the risk, state so in the order form
- rush orders can be shipped EMS - Air Express. faster, but costs a lot more
- the U.S. postal system has eliminated Surface Mail. all orders are now shipped Air Mail only
- REMEMBER: shipping cost is based on weight, size, value, and destination.
or search our entire website
PLEASE READ: ONCE we confirm back that the items is available, we can only GUARANTEE a 24 hour hold, without RETURN CONFIRMATION from you. We will try to hold longer, but lately, people have NOT been returning the email replies, and we have lost out on MANY sales.
PLEASE, we ask for a COURTESY reply back, either yes or no!
Thanks so much!!!
You can cut & paste the item descriptions into the order form
If you have a question about merchandise that you do not see on our website - do not fill out the form, just CLICK HERE!
We will refund money ONLY if items are returned within 7 days of receipt, and returned in the same condition as they were in, when we sent them to you. You must notify us prior to sending the item back. Items returned are subject to a 10% return to stock fee, with a minimum fee of $5 per item. Postage and handling fees are not refundable.
PLEASE realize that we are dealers in antiques and collectibles.
We are a small Mom & Pop operation.
We are NOT a hobby shop, NOT a novelty store, NOT a manufacturer.
We are dealers in older, vintage, pre-owned collectibles.
If you jam modern batteries into older plastic toys, you might BREAK them (modern batteries are fatter). If you ferociously wind an older clockwork toy, you might damage it! If you over wind an older character wristwatch -kaput! (remember, many were non-jewel movements). Older paper dries and brittles. Rubber treads and rubber parts can become dry and brittle over the years.
Older, pre-1970 model kits can possibly have minor warpage (something a skilled modeler would usually have no problem with). If a factory sealed item is no longer sealed, it diminishes the value, and we will not accept it's return.
Regarding factory sealed model kits - once you open them, we can no longer guarantee them. If you notify us, we will gladly check our extensive inventory to see if we can supply the missing part, but we are NOT the manufacturer and can not guarantee them. MANY people purchase older kits to display as they sit, NEVER opening them, NEVER building them. Once opened, the value is diminished to us, and to them. Of course, I realize many of you are builders - and I know you understand.
Old plastic tends to become brittle, as does older wiring in electrical toys, and older solder joints. We do everything in our power to package securely and protect your items in transit. All items are tested before we ship them, as long as they are not "factory sealed".
This above message is for the "general public" who might think they have stumbled into a time warp website from Sears & Roebucks! I realize all the collectors out there understand what we are saying.
How come the pros all have such clean and bright toys? A lot of them don't want to share with you their secret - but here it is.
or click below to join or pay thru
(please do not pay us, until you know the proper shipping fees)
DO NOT WASTE your time and our time. When you make a request, we take the time to find the item in our warehouse, verify it is correct and in the same condition as stated on the website, package it and weigh it, so that we can get back to you with a correct shipping amount. Please
SERIOUS REQUESTS ONLY!
a reply in any case is requested
Revised: Monday, December 16, 2013
Copyright © 1998 - 2013 by GASOLINE ALLEY ANTIQUES. All rights reserved.